Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YES WE DID!


This may be the umtienth blog today about the election but this is not just any average election. This was no average year. This year has represented a movement in this country for change. It's time to do away with what is outdated and truly deficient way of government. Not only do we want something new, but making sure that happened.

We now have have the very first African American President Elect of the United States of America.
On January 20th, we will have the first African American President.

Never have I been more proud of my people. Every time I hear the news tears come to my eyes. My grandparents grandparents were slaves. They were stolen away from their own countries, never to see them again. They were whipped raped and forced to do work that killed many of their people. But today, this day we are made anew. Little black boys all over the country are now thinking differently about themselves. They now are believing "Yes, I can." Little black girls (me included) all over the country right now are standing a little taller, a little prouder and thinking "Yes, I can." Never more have I wanted to be an "Agent of Change" more in all of my 25 years.

Soon to be First Lady Michelle Obama said at the DNC that: "Now is the time to BE the change you want to see in the rest of the world."

Never truer words have been spoken.

Salute to you, President and First Lady Obama.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails